Welcome to the website for the Center for Ultra-scale Computing and Information Security at Northwestern University. The Center participants include faculty and researchers from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Department of Computer Science, the Feinberg School of Medicine, and the Kellogg School of Management. CUCIS also has participants from various national labs such as Argonne National Labatory (ANL), Sandia National Laboratory (SNL), Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), and includes support from companies such as IBM, Intel, and Sun.
12/2011 - Congratulations to Dr. Choudhary on being named Keynote speaker at the International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC 2011) , Bangalore, India. He will present "Discovering Knowledge from Massive Social Networks and Science Data - Next Frontier for HPC", (Keynote abstract)
- 12/2011 - Congratulations to CUCIS team members for 6 accepted papers @ ICDM '11, as follows:
- William Hendrix, Isaac Tetteh, Ankit Agrawal, Fredrick Semazzi, Wei-keng Liao, and Alok Choudhary,
Community Dynamics and Analysis of Decadal Trends in Climate Data, ICDM Climate. (presentation) (pdf).
- Ankit Agrawal and Alok Choudhary,
Identifying HotSpots in Lung Cancer Data Using Association Rule Mining, ICDM BioDM. (presentation) (pdf).
- Yu Cheng, Kunpeng Zhang, Yusheng Xie, Ankit Agrawal, Wei-keng Liao, and Alok Choudhary,
Learning to Group Web Text Incorporating Prior Information, OEDM (presentation) (pdf).
- Lalith Polepeddi, Ankit Agrawal, and Alok Choudhary,
Poll: A Citation-Text-Based System for Identifying High-Impact Contributions of an Article, ICDM DaMNet (pdf).
- Kunpeng Zhang, Yu Cheng, Yusheng Xie, Ankit Agrawal, Diana Palsetia, Kathy Lee, Wei-keng Liao, and Alok Choudhary,
SES: Sentiment Elicitation System for Social Media Data, ICDM-SENTIRE. (presentation) (pdf).
- Kathy Lee, Diana Palsetia, Mostofa Patwary, Ankit Agrawal, Alok Choudhary, and Ramanathan Narayanan,
Twitter Trending Topic Classification, OEDM (presentation) (pdf).
- 08/2011 - Understanding Climate Change Workshop, University of Minnesota - Dr. Alok Choudhary presented "Developing Scalable and Power-Efficient Data Mining Kernels" .
- 08/2011 - ICEC, Liverpool, England - Kunpeng Zhang presented "Mining Millions of Reviews: A Technique to Rank Products Based on Importance of Reviews" (pdf), (presentation).
This paper was awarded Honourable Mention at the conference.
- 07/2011 - CScADS Data workshop, Tahoe, CA - Saba Sehrish presented "Damsel: A Data Model Storage Library for Exascale Science" (presentation).
- 07/2011 - Data Intensive Computing, Staten Island, New York - Dr. Alok Choudhary presented "Discovering Knowledge from Massive Social and Science Network and Unstructured Data".
- 06/2011 - Graduates: Abhishek Das, PhD "Microarchitectural Approaches for Optimizing Power and Profitability in Multi-core Processors" Advisors: Alok Choudhary and Gokhan Memik.
Ramanathan Narayanan, PhD "Mining Text for Relationship Extraction and Sentiment Analysis" Adviser: Alok Choudhary.
- 06/2011 - Yves Xie receives Outstanding Senior Award in Computer Engineering
- 05/2011 - Expeditions Meetings at University of Minnesota
- 04/2011 - IPDPS Anchorage Alaska - William Hendrix presented "Sensitive and Specific Identification of Protein Complexes in 'Perturbed' Protein Interaction Networks from Noisy Pull-Down Data"